2018 Angelo RC Annual TINY Fly-In
Click on the weatherstation icon above to view the current field conditions. (Opens in a new window)
Angelo RC Inc. is proud to present the twelfth annual Texas Indoor New Years Fly-In.
With one of the biggest venues offered for an indoor event in the Southwest, and our famous Texas hospitality, this again will be a lot of fun for pilots of all levels. On Saturday there will be on premises concessions, and plenty of entertainment for visitors of all ages both Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, call Mark Greer, Contest Director at (325) 450-0635.
Public Information (Spectators)
- The public is invited to attend Saturday and Sunday (March 3rd & 4th) The front doors will be open on Saturday from 9am to 8pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
- Admission is free to those who wish to only spectate.
- The public may visit the pilot's area to get a close up view of their aircraft, however please do not handle their aircraft or equipment without their permission. Some pilots may have items for sale.
- Feel free to talk to our pilots and ask questions. Also feel free to take pictures.
- Food and drink will be available at the concession stand both days.
-Admission is free to the public to view the event on Saturday (9am to 7pm) and Sunday (10am to 5pm).
-To fly aircraft at this event, you must register as a pilot, have a current AMA membership. Cost is $20 per day or $50 for 3 days. (see pilot information at bottom of this page)
-Foster Communications Coliseum is located at 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX.
-The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center!
-A raffle with RC aircraft related prizes (such as tools, kits, radios and fully built aircraft) will be held Sunday at 1pm. Tickets are $1 each, 7 for $5, 13 for $10 and 30 for $20. (You do not need to be present to win. Winners will be posted on this webpage after the event!)
Click on the photo below to view a fullsize map of the coliseum map.
(Opens in new window)
Overview of the Flying Area.
Aircraft competing in the Balloon Popping Contest.
New this year for the Pilots: Online registration!
Pilots can now pre-register and pay online using PayPal. Scroll down and fill out the electronic form then pay for your registration via the PayPal link (Go to the bottom of this page to register!)
Pilot Online Registration
1) Please fill out the online registration form below and hit the submit button.
2) Pre-pay for your registration by clicking on the PayPal link below.
3) After you submit your registration form and payment, a confirmation email will be sent to you with additional information for the TINY Fly-In.
2018 TINY Fly-In Registration Form
If registering for the family package, use the parent's information and fill in the children's name in the "Additional Information" box at the bottom.
Pay your 2018 TINY landing fees with a credit card through PayPal using the button below.
Finalized Schedule of Events!
Friday, March 2nd (Pilots Only) Saturday, March 3rd Sunday, March 4th
8am-7pm: Pilot setup and testing. 8am-9am: Pilot setup and testing. 8am-10am: Pilot setup and testing.
7pm-8pm: Kenny Blanek catering meal. 9am: Doors open to the public. 10am: Doors open to the public.
8pm-Midnight: Pilot setup and testing. 9am to 1pm: Open Flying. 10:00am to 12:00pm: Open Flying.
1pm: Tiny Whoop racing (Micro Quad FPV races) New Event! 12pm: Tiny Whoop racing (Micro Quad FPV races)
1:15pm: Balloon Pop contest #1. 1pm: Raffle drawing.
2pm: Fast Delta demo. 2pm: Fast Delta demo (after the raffle).
3pm: TINY Survivor contest. 3pm: Balloon Pop contest.
4pm: Night Flying Demo (lights in the coliseum are turned off) 3:30pm to 5pm: Open Flying.
5pm: Balloon Pop contest #2. 5pm: Doors closed to the public.
5:30pm to 7pm: Open Flying. 5pm to midnight: Open Flying.
7pm: Doors close to the public.
7pm-midnight: Open Flying.