Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our President Charlie Campbell at 325-651-8027
Angelo RC Inc. - Welcome to San Angelo's
Radio Controlled Aircraft Airfield!
Spectators Welcome! If you see planes flying at our field, please come in and visit!
We need a volunteer!
Angelo RC Annual Outdoor Fly-In
Our Annual Outdoor Fly-In is one of two events we hold each year in October. We invite pilots from other clubs to come and free fly at our field. There is no landing fee and any aircraft pilots can fly as long as they have a current AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) membership. The public is welcome to visit the field and view the activities. In addition to the flying, there is a raffle with RC related prizes and food will be available for purchase.
General Fly-In Rules
1) No Fly-In Fee, however all pilots must be an active AMA member and register prior to flying at the event. Sign in at the Check-In desk each day. Wristbands will be used to identify registered pilots. If you have an assistant who needs access to the flight line, a special wristband will be issued to them.
2) The field will be open to pilots on Friday to setup and practice before the fly-in. The field will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday, 9am-5pm.
3) Electricity and work tables are available at the field free of charge and are on a first come, first serve basis.
4) Pilots are free to set up their own work areas and keep their trailers on the field overnight.
5) Food will be available for purchase on Saturday and Sunday. The "Other Place" mobile food truck and "Artic Blast" snow cone trailer will be located at the field on both days.
6) Pilots will be allowed to sell their extra equipment at the event.
7) A raffle with RC related prizes will be held at the event. The drawing will be held on Sunday at 2pm and you do not need to be present to win. Tickets are $1 each.
More information will be forthcoming as the event gets closer.
Previous Outdoor Fly-In Photos
To see additional photos for specific events, click on the down arrow on the Outdoor FlyIn button above to select a specific year from the pull down menu.
This year's outdoor Fly-In will be Oct 12th & 13th, 2018.