Join us this year for our annual outdoor fly-in! This year will be a little different in that there will be a $5 landing fee each day for pilots. All types of aircraft are welcome (electric, nitro & gas, quads, helicopters, gliders, large scale, etc.) In addition to our raffle, we will be having some skill games each day from 11am to 1pm. Below is our tentative schedule of events and more pilot information below.
9:00am- Field open, pilot check-in, Safety briefing (mandatory for all pilots)
9:00am- 11am Open Flying
11:00am- Get on Target Contest
11:45am- 100 Yard Dash Contest
12:15pm- Timed Glide Contest
1pm-5pm- Open Flying
5pm- Fly-In closes, however, pilots can still fly until dusk.
Sunday, October 13th
9:00am- Field open, new pilot check-in & Safety briefing 9:00am- 11am Open Flying 11:00am- Get on Target Contest 11:45am- 100 Yard Dash Contest 12:15pm- Timed Glide Contest 1pm- Raffle drawing
1:30pm-3pm- Open Flying 3pm- Fly-In closes, however, pilots can still fly until dusk.
Raffle tickets will be sold at the registration desk. Tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5, 13 for $10 & 30 for $20. You do not need to be present to win.
Special Information for Pilots
:30pm- Timed Glide Contest1pm-5pm- Open Flying
1) All pilots must have a current AMA membership and present their card at the registration desk when signing in.
2) Landing fee is $5 per day or $10 for the weekend.
3) This years safety briefing will be presented on the video screen next to the registration desk. All pilots must view this video prior to flying. If you have any questions, please contact the Contest Director (Jimmy Gaona).
4) Tables under the covered area are not reserved and are on a first come, first serve basis. Electricity is available for anyone who needs it, however, you will need to bring your own extension cords to plug into the outlets.
5) The field will be open Friday at 10am, October 11th for pilots to setup and test fly their aircraft. There is no landing fee for flying on Friday.
6) Descriptions of the games for Saturday & Sunday are listed below. There will be a sign-up sheet to participate in the games at the registration desk.
7) For any questions regarding this year's fly-in, please contact the Contest Director, Jimmy Gaona at 214-641-1143 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Information (11am-1pm both days)
Get On Target (11am-11:45am both days)
There are two parts: one for planes with landing gear and one for planes without landing gear. Currently we have two target areas marked on the field. One on the grass and one on the runway. Each target area consists of 3 rings (10’, 30’ & 50’) and a center spot.Note:To make things interesting, there will be a $3 entry fee. Winner takes 2/3rd of the pot and second place takes 1/3rd of the pot.
Wheeled Airplanes:Aircraft are placed anywhere on the runway outside of the 50’ ring. The plane throttles up and rolls toward the target. The pilot must then cutoff the engine before entering the 50’ ring and coast towards the bullseye. The pilot whose plane is closest to the bullseye wins (measured by the nose of the aircraft). A pilot is disqualified if he does not shutoff the engine within the 50’ circle or accelerates within the 50’ circle.
Non-wheeled Airplanes:Aircraft are hand launched (an assistant is allowed) and must fly out beyond the end of the runway. The plane can approach the target from any angle. The plane then glides into the circled area. Once the plane touches the ground the engine must be turned off. The pilot whose plane is closest to the bullseye wins (measured by the nose of the aircraft). A pilot is disqualified if he does not shutoff the engine after touchdown.
AngeloRC Airfield is located at 4682 Arden Rd. between Mercedes and Hunters Glen Rd.